News

Update 1

Assalamu alaikum,

We hope you enjoy reading about the wonderful things we have done in the last half term insha Allah!

 

ECDL Exams:

Alhamdulillah, our Year 11 students achieved outstanding results in their ECDL exams. Overall 70% of students were awarded a Distinction* (the highest grade). The remaining 30% achieved a Distinction.

We ask Allah Ta’ala to give the students the ability to replicate this success in their remaining exams.

 

HARKNESS PROJECT:

The Harkness project is our competition that promotes academic oracy. Students are given a topic to research and deliver a short presentation on. They are judged on their ability to convey a convincing argument in a formal and professional manner. The topic for the last half term was “Should cannabis be legalised?”. The winners from each class were:

Year 7:

1st: Bilal

2nd: Redwan

Year 8:

1st: Abdul Muhaimin

2nd: Kausar

Year 9:

1st: Anas

2nd: Maruf

Year 10:

1st: Abdul Wahid

2nd: Abdus Somi

 

BIG DEBATE:

Each term, the school organizes a debate between different year groups. This is done to develop our students’ confidence as well as their research and presentation skills. Last half term, Year 10 and Year 9 debated the topic: This House believes that cannabis should be legalised. Year 10, who argued for the motion, were the eventual winners of the debate.

 

 

HOUSE CHAMPIONS:

The Madrasah has launched a House System in the last half term to reward behaviour. Students were split into four houses (Salah, Saum, Hajj & Zakat). Students gained house points if they displayed good behaviour and lost house points if they were given detentions. It was a very close run competition but the eventual House Champions were Hajj House. Their reward was a big pizza party on the last day of the term!

 

MADRASAH SOCIAL MEDIA:

We are sure that many of you are aware that the madrasah is on a number of social media platforms. Our addresses are as below:

Twitter: @Darul_Hadis

Instagram: darul_hadis_latifiah

Facebook: darulhadislatifiah

Please follow, like and share!

Alhamdulillah, we had a busy and productive last half term and we look forward to letting you know about everything we are doing this half term.

 

Ramadan Kareem!

During Ramadan, the school will operate according to our special Ramadan timings. School gates will open for students at 9.30am and the school day will end at 3.45pm

May Allah give us the ability to gain the maximum from Ramadan in sha Allah!